Flaxseeds may not be considered a superfood by most, but we think they should be!
These small, nutty seeds are jam packed with health-promoting omega-3 and -6’s. These essential fatty acids are crucial for a healthy body and have to be obtained through a dietary source. Also a great source of fiber, protein and antioxidants, adding these flaxseeds to your daily menu can truly support a healthy lifestyle!**
The thing to keep in mind about flaxseeds is that they must be ground in order to release their nutrients, and sometimes chewing isn’t enough. That being said, you may want to consider throwing yours in a processor quickly to ensure you’re getting the most benefits!
Here are 3 of our favorite recipes that use these tasty seeds!
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, mix your flaxseeds, almond flour, baking powder, Himalayan salt & coconut oil until it's a soft meal.
- 2. Add almond milk and mix well until he meal has become a soft dough.
- 3. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- 4. Divide the dough into quarters and place on a floured board. With a pin roller, roll the dough into a thin rectangle and cut into ~2.5" squares. Repeat for each quarter of dough.
- 5. Transfer the squares onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the crackesr are nice and crisp and golden in color.
- 6. Serve & enjoy!
- 1. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until you have a nice, smooth texture.
- 2. Add more almond milk if the smoothie is too thick and blend again.
- 3. Serve & enjoy!
- 1. Preheat your oven to 325ºF. In a blender or processor, coarsely chop the nuts until they're in perfectly bite-sized chunks.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix your nuts and flaxseeds. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add your coconut oil (if solid, melt in the microwave for a few seconds). Pour liquid mixture on top of your dry one and mix until well combined.
- 3. Pour into a parchment paper-lined loaf baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- 4. Remove from baking dish and let cool on a rack completely before slicing.
- 5. Serve & enjoy!
What are your favorite flaxseed recipes? We want to hear ’em!