Looking for that perfect 4th of July BBQ side dish?
We’ve got the recipe you’ve been searching for!
There’s nothing quite so nice as roasted or grilled veggies in the summertime, and combined with the delicious pop of quinoa, this side dish is sure to be a hit at your 4th of July get together. This recipe from Julie’s Kitchen combines taste with nutrition and is the perfect dish for any vegetarian or vegan guests, especially since quinoa is a complete protein!
So go ahead, grab the recipe (below), whip up a batch, and let us know how yours turned out in the comments!
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare your vegetables.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss eggplant, bell peppers, onion, and garlic with oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly on a large baking sheet or stone.
- 3. Roast veggies for 20-30 minutes until lightly browned, turning once.
- 4. Meanwhile, cook the Quinoa as per the directions on the package and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 5. In a separate small bowl, prepare the dressing by combining ingredients.
- 6. Add roasted veggies to quinoa and toss with the dressing.
- 7. Serve and enjoy!
- While we love roasting veggies, grilling them can also be a great way to prepare them during BBQ season!
Health & happiness,