Get the iron ready: it’s International Waffle Day!
Did you know waffles have been around since medieval times? It’s no wonder these breakfast staples have earned themselves a holiday!
Before you fire up the ol’ waffle iron and break out the plethora of fruits and syrups to use as mouth-watering toppings, whip together this simple, health-friendly recipe for gluten-free, vegan Pumpkin Waffles… and don’t forget to share your finished products with us!
- 1. Preheat your waffle iron as per manufacturer requirements.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
- 3. Combine wet and dry ingredients, mixing well until it forms a thick batter.
- 4. Scoop the necessary amount of batter (whatever your iron requires!) into the waffle iron, close and cook until they’re nice and crisp.
- 5. Serve with your favorite toppings (apple butter is fantastic on these) and enjoy!
- These will take a bit longer to cook than your typical waffles, so be sure to keep an eye on them!