Just follow your nose!
For thousands of years, aromatherapy has been used for its physical, emotional and spiritual wellness benefits–but just what is it and how does it work?
As the name suggests, the practice of aromatherapy focuses on the significance of the human sense of smell and its relationship with our emotions. It derives from the ancient practice of utilizing natural plant sources such as flowers, leaves and roots to promote a spectrum of health benefits. Today, these plant sources are available as aromatic essential oils. The basis of aromatherapy stems from the fragrances of these essential oils and their effect on our overall well-being.
Those who regularly participate in aromatherapy may find, among many other effects: motivation of the mind, invigoration of the body, and rejuvenation of the spirit… and, in the grand scheme of things, these can be much needed when we’re feeling run down!
The secret behind gaining optimal benefits from aromatherapy lies in the essential oils. By using precise and time-tried methods of extraction and single distillation, Piping Rock’s collection of essential oils are 100% all-natural and (with the exception of a few products that are labeled as “blended”) are available in their purest form, ensuring that you’re getting the top-quality, most effective products that will yield the best results.
What can I expect from aromatherapy?
As a newcomer to this practice, it is important to note that each essential oil produces a different desired effect. Depending on the oils used, many people utilize essential oils that may help promote:
- Happier, calmer and overall more relaxed moods**
- Sharper focus and motivation, possibly leading to better memory and learning**
- A revitalized spirit and re-energized drive**
- Physical betterment such as respiratory, immunity and overall wellness benefits**
- Help with stress and nerves and encouragement of tranquility and sleep**
How can I jump-start my aromatherapy routine?
It’s simple! To help you get started, here are our 5 favorite essential oils we believe are perfect for beginners:
- Tea Tree Oil: this well-known scent has a tendency to be remarkably revitalizing, yet wholly soothing.** It features potent antioxidant properties and is particularly popular for its use in promoting skin health.**
- Eucalyptus Oil: the cool, invigorating scent of eucalyptus has been revered for its respiratory benefits.** It also features antioxidant qualities that may help to support both skin wellness and immune system function.**
- Lavender Oil: easily one of the most popular essential oils, lavender oil is extracted from the lovely bright purple blossom of the plant. Its floral scent encourages calmness and clarity, promoting deep, nourishing sleep.**
- Peppermint Oil: your tummy’s best friend, peppermint oil is popular amongst aromatherapy users to aid with digestive health, help sooth occasional tummy troubles and support overall digestive wellness.**
- Sandalwood Oil: described by many as a warm, sweet-smelling oil, sandalwood oil promotes wholesome serenity and may support overall skin health.**
In our experience, the best way to begin improving your quality of life with aromatherapy is to start at the basics! Try mixing oils with warm water in a spray bottle for an aromatic air spritzer. Combine with a carrier oil to create your own unique massage oil. Add them to a diffuser or (de)humidifier for a slow, steady release. Instantly fill a room with the scent by combining a few drops of oil and near-boiling water in a bowl—or, similarly, add a few drops to your hot bath water for a home spa experience!
We encourage you to think outside the box when building on your aromatherapy routine. It is recommended that you do your research on any oil before introducing it to your routine to check for possible effects on your furry friends or little ones and to overall understand the properties of the oil. Our essential oils are highly concentrated, so if you plan on using any oil topically, blend it first with carrier oils such as Sweet Almond, Jojoba, Grapeseed, Avocado or Apricot Kernel Oil to dilute it. Due to only undergoing single distillation, our essential oils are for external use only.
We at Piping Rock believe each person should have the opportunity to better their life and lifestyle without sacrificing convenience, quality or cost. Find out which essential oils are best for you and get your hands on all the tools needed to start your aromatherapy routine at PipingRock.com!
Health & happiness,