Time To Zen Out: Let’s Talk Setting Daily Intentions
Oftentimes, we go through life in what is dubbed “autopilot”. This basically means we fall habit to all things we do and become mindless robots busying ourselves with daily occurrences. To prove a point: When was the last time you went into the day thinking about why you chose to eat the breakfast you did? Better yet, what were you doing before clicking on this post—scrolling through social media or texting on your phone? See, it’s easy to fall victim to habit, and forget purpose.
So, let’s get rid of the old and welcome the new! After all, it is a season for changes. First things first, we want to outline what intentions are. Intentions are basically internal guides to lead you to the best path in your life—whether that be for the day or for the year. By asking yourself what you intend to gain from a situation, or telling yourself what you will gain from your day, you are setting an intention which in turn promotes conscious living.
3 Reasons To Use Intentions:
- Keeps You Focused: When you set intentions, you are basically telling your mind areas that you want to be aware of throughout your day (or long-term, your life). This lets you become more focused on your purpose and steer clear of things that may distract you from it.
- Reinstates Inner Values: We all have inner values about the life we want to live and the way we want to be, but sometimes we find ourselves going off track. For instance, if we’re trying to eat cleaner, yet find ourselves falling into the routine of getting take out, we are failing our inner values about health. Setting intentions will help you be more in tune with yourself and therefore have you stick to the way of living that suits you best. After all, all your actions will come back to whether they meet your intention or not.
- Promotes Sense of Purpose: Like goals, intentions house the opportunity to set purpose in your life. You can find a way to guide yourself into more meaningful days and decisions. Chances are, you’ll feel a whole lot better than when you were gliding by in autopilot.
6 Intentions to practice:
- I intend to go through today with an open mind and heart.
- I intend to be grateful for things that come my way.
- I intend to be happy when confronted with challenges.
- I intend to love every situation today.
- I intend to understand why I’m feeling the way I am in certain relationships.
- I intend to avoid conflict if it doesn’t suit a purpose.
These are just a few intentions that you can steal. Of course, we recommend you looking at your life and individually finding the best ones to follow. After all, the key to success is following your path!
…And to open yourself up more to the possibilities of intention setting, try our Focus Essential Oil Roll-
On that you can carry with you when you need to focus your mind and open your spirits!
Liked the post? Know a good intention? Tell us below! Also, if you want to stay in-the-loop sign up for our emails:
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Health & Happiness,