Today marks the September new moon…
…and what better way to celebrate this monthly celestial occurrence than with a healthy twist on the classic moon pie! This tasty Mardi Gras-inspired recipe makes 20 deliciously decadent cookies that are sure to bring the party to your next gathering, because we believe that sometimes it’s okay to indulge!
Try out this super simple recipe for yourself and let the good times roll!
– 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar or stevia
– 1 large egg, beaten
– 1/4 cup almond milk, room temperature
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate chips, melted & slightly cooled
– 5 tsp unsweetened cacao powder
– 1/2 cup almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine sugar/stevia and butter and whisk until creamy, smooth and sugar/stevia begins to dissolve.
3. Whisk in egg, almond milk and vanilla extract, then add melted chocolate and cacao and continue to whisk until smooth.
4. Stir in almond flour with a spoon/spatula, being careful not to over mix.
5. Add batter to baking sheet in forty 1-inch dollops spaced 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. In a stand-up mixer or a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter at medium speed until mixed.
2. Add sugar/stevia and mix on low until well combined.
3. Finally, add vanilla extract and beat until creamy and smooth, about 4 minutes.
4. Spoon ½ tsp cream cheese filling to 20 cookies, then top with the remaining 20. Enjoy!
We guarantee this recipe will be so good, you’ll forget you made it the healthy way! Share your results with us in the comments!
You can download a printable version of this recipe here!
Health & happiness,