We’re all about transforming favorite desserts into health-inspired dishes!
This autumn-inspired recipe for apple & cherry quinoa crumble is not only sweet and tart, but is also jam-packed with beneficial nutrients! Apples are rich in soluble fiber, vitamin C and quercetin, while cherries supply potent antioxidants that support your overall health and well-being. This decadent dessert features a quinoa and almond flour crumble, deliciously healthy alternatives to traditional bakery crumbles!
Check out this simple recipe below and ring in the season of apples!
- 1. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Core & chop your apples into bite-sized pieces. Halve cherries and remove the pits.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine apples and cherries. In a separate bowl, whisk together your honey, 1 TBSP coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond extract. Pour mixture over the apples and cherries, tossing to coat the fruits evenly. Add mixture to your baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine quinoa, almond flour, cinnamon and ½ TBSP coconut oil. Combine mixture with your hands until it forms a loose crumble-like consistency. Evenly sprinkle mixture over the fruit in your baking dish.
- 4. Bake for ~30 minutes, until the top is slightly browned. Remove and let cool for ~15 minutes.
- 5. Serve with a scoop of your favorite ice cream for the ultimate treat! Enjoy!
Try out this recipe for yourself and let us know what you think! Did you change anything to make it your own? Maybe you used different fruits or added a special secret ingredient?
Health & happiness,