Sometimes it’s hard to get everyone to eat their vegetables – kids and grown ups alike.
But this recipe for baked asparagus will have everyone at your table over the moon, especially when paired with our garlic aioli! Panko breadcrumbs make this dish have a satisfying crunch and with hints of pepper, lemon and garlic, it’s sure to spice things up, too!
Remember to prepare the aioli at least one hour before preparing the asparagus to make sure it’s ready!
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- For the aioli:
- Mix 2 tbsp mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl or in the blender. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- For the asparagus:
- 1. Reduce the oven to 190 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the egg whites with 1 ½ tbsp. mayonnaise.
- 3. In a separate shallow baking dish, combine the Panko breadcrumbs, parsley and coconut flour.
- 4. Dip each asparagus spear in the egg mixture until it's thoroughly coated then dredge it in the breadcrumbs and coconut flour, pressing to secure them to the asparagus.
- 5. Transfer the asparagus to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the breading process with the remaining asparagus, spacing them about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- 6. Cover the asparagus with melted coconut oil and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- 7. Remove the asparagus fries from the oven and serve them immediately with the prepared roasted garlic aioli.
How did yours turn out? Let us know in the comments!
Health & happiness,
Like it? Pin it!