Here’s a fun twist on a classic side dish!
We love macaroni and cheese, especially now that the weather is getting colder and the holidays are approaching, we thought there was nothing better than this warm and cheesy comfort food.
But then we found this recipe for Cauliflower “Mac” and cheese, which substitutes the macaroni with fresh cauliflower florets and we think it might be love. This tasty alternative with less carbohydrates than traditional macaroni and cheese is a perfect addition to your family dinner table, useful as a quick snack, and ideal to serve around the holidays!
- 1 Large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (may use sugar-free soy milk)
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, plus extra as needed to season water
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, spray an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to boil, season with salt.
- 3. Cook cauliflower in the boiling water until crisp tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- 4. Drain well. Pat cauliflower between paper towels to dry, transfer the cauliflower to the baking dish and set aside.
- 5. In a small saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer and whisk in the cream cheese until smooth.
- 6. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper and garlic powder. Whisk until the cheese melts – approximately for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7. Remove saucepan from heat and pour over the cauliflower, stir to combine.
- 8. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake for 15 minutes, or until browned and cheese is bubbling.
- 9. Serve and enjoy!
Health and Happiness
Like it? Pin it!