Whoever said that you can’t eat pizza whenever you want never met cauliflower!
Cauliflower is a great versatile vegetable that we’ve been subbing into our recipes in place of our favorite starchy sides. One of our favorite things to do with cauliflower is make a pizza crust. Don’t get us wrong, we still love a traditional slice fresh from the pizzeria – but cauliflower crust pizza is so easy and so tasty, that we gladly make the switch.
The best thing about cauliflower crust pizza is that you can dress it up however you’d like. If you’re a fan of traditional marinara with extra cheese, we’re a big fan of tradition too. We also like to put a green spin on it with some homemade spinach pesto, fresh mozzarella and chicken.
However you like it, we’ve got the crust recipe taken care of! Try this simple recipe at home and Pizza Fridays at your house might turn into Cauliflower everyday – like it has in ours!
Keep in mind, this recipe is for the crust only! So don’t forget to grab your favorite sauces, cheeses, and toppings when you do your grocery shopping too!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Piping Rock Chia Seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic powder
- 1. Line a pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment paper, preheat oven to 425ºF
- 2. Wash cauliflower thoroughly, pat dry, and chip it into small pieces to pulse in food processor until it is the size of rice.
- 3. Place cauliflower in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool
- 4. Combine Chia Seeds and water in a separate bowl for several minutes.
- 5. Add chia seed mixture, egg, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese to cauliflower and mix well.
- 6. Add spices based on preference
- 7. Place the mixture onto prepared pan, pat and shape into pizza crust.
- 8. Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes.
- 9. Add preferred sauces, cheeses, and toppings, bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and enjoy!
Health & Happiness