Crazy for cookies?
Us, too, so why not enjoy them guilt-free?
The latest out of Julie’s Kitchen features the natural goodness of bananas and dates paired with the nutrient-rich, omega-packed profile of chia seeds! These cookies are super easy to make, gluten-free and are bound to be a hit for the entire family.
Grab the recipe below, try ‘em out for yourself and let us know how yours turned out in the comments!
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Grind chia seeds and flour together, then pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the rolled oats.
- 3. In a blender, combine banana, egg, dates, honey, baking powder and water.
- 4. Add mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. The consistency should be similar to cake batter, though not as runny as pancake mix.
- 5. On a greased/non-stick baking sheet, add teaspoon-sized drops of the batter. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- 6. Serve and enjoy!
- We added a tablespoon of Cocoa Powder to our batch for an extra super-delicious chocolatey boost of flavor! Shredded dark chocolate would also be a tasty (and nutritious) addition!
Health & happiness,