With the days getting shorter, it’s time to prepare the fire place, break out your warmest fleece blanket and play some soothing music. Longer evenings are perfect for gratitude, reflection and meditation.
There is no better way to enhance the ambiance of this fall magic with bountiful fragrances. Crisp, autumnal aromas evoke a sensory experience that can really help you discover the profound meaning of Fall.
There are many different ways to cultivate your experience, with unique fragrances. By testing out various Essential Oils, you can find which ones match your Aromatherapy style and deepen your spirits.
Serious DIY enthusiasts find enjoyment from creating their own blends. There are so many ways to capture the invigorating aura of the fall through Aromatherapy. Below is a list of scents we recommend working with:
Autumn Essential Oils:
- Cinnamon: Originates from Sri Lanka and dates back to ancient Chinese traditions
- Clove: Derived from the Myrtaceae Plant Family indigenous to the exotic plains of Madagascar and Indonesia
- Peppermint: Perennial indigenous to Europe that is utilized for its refreshing scent and taste.
- Frankincense: Esteemed fragrance used for religious purposes in the Ancient World. It’s commonly known as Boswellia.
- Lavender: This sweet Perennial is derived from the Mediterranean and has been used botanically for centuries.
- Ginger: Revered as one of the most important plants in herbalism originating from Chinese and Indian Ayurvedic traditions.
- Nutmeg: The Nutmeg Tree originates from an Island in Indonesia and has become a staple ingredient to autumn.
- Cedarwood: Cedarwood is native to North America. It’s renowned for being used to build Temples in Jerusalem.
- Rosemary: Rosemary, a member of the mint family (Lamiaceae) is derived from the Latin word “Anthos” meaning “Flower.”
- Bergamot: Derived from a spiny tree (Citrus Bergamia) that originates from tropical climates in South East Asia.
By learning more about Essential Oils and their botanical roots, you can become better equipped for Aromatherapy.
Over centuries, people have paired fragrances based on their origin and biological properties to make for dynamic creations that blend naturally.
Below are a few of our own Essential Oil Blends that use grounding herbs to vividly capture the essence of Autumn.
Cozy Essential Oil Blends:
Amber Massage Oils:
Nothing better than the warm touch of romance on a brisk autumn evening. Our Amber Massage Oil recipe provides a spark like no other to ignite any sensual endeavor!
Cinnamon Spice Blend:
Invigorate your senses with this nostalgic blend of traditional autumn spices. The perfect blend of sweetness and spice that captures the coziness of a night by the fireplace.
Uniting four powerful earth-elemental root oils, this blend lends the stability and calm resolve of a deeply-rooted plant.
There’s nothing more adventurous sounding than a campfire in the nation’s most captivating National Park. Capture the vibes of such an audacious experience with this liberating Essential Oil Blend!