There is nothing that better defines fall than pumpkin flavor!
From pumpkin pie to pumpkin spiced lattes and other tasty treats, there are many ways to enjoy this festive delicacy.
With the days still warm, a delicious smoothie provides the perfect afternoon pick-me-up.
Substitute out your chain store sugary smoothies and pumpkin spiced lattes for something more nutritious and homemade!
Use this simple smoothie recipe below, to guide you in the creation of this mouth-watering masterpiece.
- 2/3 Cup of Fresh Pumpkin (Or Puree)
- 1/2 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of Skim Milk
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Plant Protein
- 1 Cup of Ice
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Spice
- 2 Tablespoons of Organic Maple Syrup
- Handful of Pecans
- Handful of Dates
- Handful of Organic Hemp Hearts
- Handful of Flax Seeds
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Dash of Cloves
- Dash of Organic Ginger Root
- Make sure you have a huge blender that can handle all these ingredients. If needed, blend pumpkin, ice, milk, and yogurt before adding other ingredients.
- Blend on high for roughly 3 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender, as necessary.
- Add more milk as desired to thin out your smoothie mixture.
- Pour into individual glasses and add a dash of cinnamon on top for a decadent finish!
This is one of our favorite recipes to make from late September into mid-October. The combination of organic herbs and spices combined with the cream of yogurt and protein is simply phenomenal.
We’re always on the lookout for great seasonal dishes and treats. Share with us your favorite autumn recipes in the comments below!