We are knee-deep in pumpkin season!
With the endless recipes out there using pumpkins, there’s no end to how you can use these bright orange fruits (did you know pumpkins are fruits?). The cold months just wouldn’t be the same without pumpkin being found in most dishes!
Here’s a twist on a fall-time classic you can add to your pumpkin recipe book: Gluten-Free Bite Sized Pumpkin Pies! Try ‘em out for yourself and discover that, like good ol’ fashioned chips, you can’t eat just one!
- 1/4 cup gluten-free ginger cookie crumbs
- 1.5 TBSP shredded coconut
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 TBSP Piping Rock coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBSP evaporated milk
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 2 TBSP rice flour
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp Piping Rock Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- whipped cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 6 muffin cups and place in a muffin tin.
- Combine ginger cookie crumbs, shredded coconut and cinnamon. Add the melted coconut oil and mix until well combined. Divide evenly amongst the 6 cups, pressing the dough firmly into the bottom of each.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and evaporated milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, rice flour, xanthan gum, spices, baking powder and baking soda. Add to the large bowl of other ingredients and mix well until everything is combined.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out an even amount of mix into each cup and place into the oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let your pumpkin pie bites cool completely before removing from the muffin tin. Top with whipped cream, serve and enjoy!
How did yours turn out?? Did you add anything special? Share your results in the comments!
Health, happiness & pumpkins galore,