Spring is right around the corner, so it’s time to start soakin’ in the green!
We’re always looking for ways to health-ify our favorite meals, and what could be better than a healthy twist on pizza? Featuring some of our favorite green goodies (kale, spinach, broccoli and pesto!), try this recipe out for yourself and let us know how yours turned out in the comments!
- 1 pound whole wheat pizza dough
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 3 cups chopped kale (stems removed)
- 3 cups chopped baby spinach
- ½ cup pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°F and grease a large baking sheet well.
- 2. Lightly flour a flat surface. Roll out dough to roughly the size of the baking sheet you want to use. Transfer to the greased baking sheet and place on the bottom rack of the oven until crust is puffy and starting to crisp on the bottom, about 8-10 minutes.
- 3. Steam broccoli and kale while the crust is baking, and cook the spinach in a skillet until it just starts to wilt. Combine ingredients in a large bowl when finished and season with salt and pepper. If you’re making homemade pesto, whip that delicious sauce up now as well!
- 4. Remove the dough from the oven and spread pesto evenly, leaving room for the crust. Top with your vegetables and cheese. Pop back into the oven on the bottom rack and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy and golden, about 8-10 minutes.
- 5. Serve with a side of balsamic vinaigrette for dipping and enjoy!
Health & happiness,