If You LOVE Gummy Bears, You’re Going To Love This
Let’s be real, who dislikes gummy bears? Their fun shape, gooey texture, and surprising fruit taste in each bite makes them inherently delicious. However, many of our favorite candy brands use less-than-enjoyable ingredients. Cue the artificial coloring, added sugar, and questionable gelatin.
That’s why we decided, with Easter around the corner, and Spring on its way in…We should make our own Gummy Bears!
There’s a few things you should know before you go and make them.
– They are super easy to make — challenge lovers, beware.
– There are only ingredients that you can pronounce involved
– If you are more into High Fructose Corn Syrup, this is probably not ideal for you
We’re betting those things didn’t deter you, right? We sure hope not!
Let’s hop to it (Easter pun? Not funny?).
- 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/3 Cup Grapefruit Juice
- 6 Tablespoons Grass Fed Gelatin
- 1/3 Cup Clementine Juice
- 3 Tablespoons 100% Wildflower Raw Honey
- 2 Gummy Bear Molds (or seasonal mold, if you desire)
- First, using a handheld juicer squeeze enough fruit to have 1/3 a cup of each type. (Pulp is fine!)
- Next, add the first juice, Orange, into a small pot over med-low heat. Mix in 1 tablespoon of honey. As it melts, add in 2 tablespoons of gelatin *SLOWLY*. Whisk together.
- Finally, remove from heat and pour into the mold.
- Repeat the above for grapefruit, and then for clementine juices.
- Make sure to wash your fruit before using.
- You'll want a handheld juicer for the fruit.
Health & Happiness,