Today (sadly) marks the final day of National Honey Month…
This month, we’ve used honey to make some dynamite parfaits, and even explored some off-the-beaten-path ways to use this sticky, golden treat from nature, so it seems only natural that we wrap up this sweet September with a classic recipe: honey mustard roasted nuts!
Grab the recipe below, and be sure to snag all your ingredients at PipingRock.com!
- 2 cups total of your favorite nuts (we used cashews, almonds, & pistachios)
- 1 teaspoon Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Wildflower Honey
- 2 teaspoons Mustard (we used spicy brown mustard for a spicy-sweet kick!)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Mineral Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, in a small pot, melt the coconut oil and honey, mixing well.
- 2. In a medium bowl, add your nuts. Take your oil and honey off heat for a moment, then pour over the nuts. Sprinkle your spices over the mixture, tossing as you go along to coat evenly.
- 3. Add the nuts to a baking sheet, spreading them evenly in one layer. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, or until the nuts are golden brown.
- 4. Let cool before serving, and enjoy! These nuts can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a year (wow!) or in the pantry for around 8-9 months.
Health & happiness,
Like it? Pin it!