“Parfait” may be a fancy French word, but you don’t need to be a fancy French chef to make your own at home!
Traditionally, parfaits are desserts made by layering ice cream and fruit which are served in tall glasses. Many people have transformed this classic dish into a breakfast delight by swapping the ice cream for yogurt, but keeping the fresh fruit and berries while sprinkling in granola for the perfect crunch.
We admit: we enjoy a good yogurt parfait as often as we can for breakfast. After all, in the words of the ever-wise Donkey from Shrek: “Parfait’s gotta be the most delicious thing on the whole planet!”
Here’s our recipe for Honey & Yogurt Parfait (because September is National Honey Month!), bumped up a notch with some deliciously fruity and crunchy bits added in… because breakfast doesn’t need to be boring!
- 1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt with chia seeds. Mix well and let sit for about a minute.
- 2. Meanwhile, grab a tall glass to layer your parfait in. We went with a cute mason jar!
- 3. Start layering! Start with a scoop of yogurt, then add a scoop of granola, followed by the fruit and berries. Keep layering in this order until you've filled your glass.
- 4. Top with a few berries for garnish and enjoy!
- Try making a week's worth of these breakfast treats and keeping them in the fridge! Simply cover the top of your jar with plastic wrap and you're ready to go.
Health & happiness,
Like it? Pin it!