Summertime, and the eating’s easy!
We don’t know about you, but cole slaw has to be one of our all-time favorite summer side dishes. It’s raw, refreshing, and has just the right amount of crunch to satisfy your taste buds!
If you’re looking for the perfect dish to bring along to your next BBQ, or just want a quick anytime snack you can grab out of the fridge, Julie has the perfect recipe for you! This Poppy Apple Slaw combines classic cole slaw ingredients with a sweet and savory twist. Check out the recipe below!
- 1 medium Cabbage, shredded to desired size
- 2-3 Scallions, sliced thin (to taste)
- 2 large Carrots, peeled and julienned
- 3-4 Apples of your choice, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh Parsley, minced
- 1. In a medium bowl, prepare the dressing. Combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- 2. In a separate large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 3. Add the dressing to the slaw and mix well, making sure it is evenly distributed.
- 4. Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to help make sure the ingredients are nice and crispy, and to keep the apples from browning. Give the mixture a stir at least once while it is sitting in the fridge to make sure the dressing is well distributed.
- 5. Serve, top with a couple whole parsley leaves, and enjoy!
- We used Honeycrisp apples, but Fuji, Mcintosh, & even Granny Smith would be great, too!
- Save some of your parsley to use as an attractive garnish when you serve this dish.
How did your slaw come out? Did you add anything special? Share with us in the comments!
Health & happiness,