We’re on a real chia seed kick lately!
(Not that we’re complaining, of course)!
We’ve gone on and on in the past about the impressive nutritional profile packed within each tiny seed, so we’ll get right to the point: this guilt-free dessert recipe from Julie’s Kitchen for faux-mousse is so velvety smooth and delicious, you’ll feel like a master chef with each decadent spoonful!
Grab the recipe for Julie’s Velvet Chocolate Chia “Mousse” (below), get your ingredients at Piping Rock, and be sure to let us know how yours turned out in the comments!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons Piping Rock 100% Pure Xylitol Sweetener (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder (use ~3 TBSP for more of a "dark" chocolate)
- 1/4 cup Piping Rock 100% Pure Chia Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Piping Rock 100% Pure Lecithin Granules
- 1. In a blender or bullet, add milk, cacao powder, vanilla, lecithin, stevia and xylitol. Pulse until combined.
- 2. Add mixture to a bowl and add chia seeds, stirring until evenly distributed. Let the mixture sit on the counter for about 5-10 minutes, then stir again, paying attention to any lumps. We want your mousse to be nice and smooth!
- 3. Transfer to 2 small serving bowls, mason jars, etc. and place in the refrigerator until the liquid is absorbed and the mousse has set. This should take around 5 hours.
- 4. Serve topped with our suggestions above or whatever you choose. Enjoy!
Health & happiness,