If you’re looking for a dish that’ll tantalize your taste buds, look no further!
These delicious chicken lettuce wraps are easy to prepare and will make the perfect dinner for your family! We love preparing it the night before and then bringing the chicken mixture in a container to work with lettuce leaves so we can enjoy a tasty and healthy lunch the next day.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup coarsely chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1 can (8oz) water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- Lettuce leaves (we recommend iceberg lettuce or romaine hearts)
- 1. Melt your coconut oil in a pan on medium heat, add chicken and cook until browned and cooked all the way through.
- 2. Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook until vegetables are cooked through.
- 3. Add soy sauce and stir to coat chicken mixture. You could add additional sauce, but remember that you don’t want it to be too wet or it will turn your lettuce wraps into a messy experience.
- 4. Scoop mixture into lettuce leaves, top with cilantro and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Health & happiness,
Like it? Pin it!