Nourish Your Body With This Hearty Harvest Grain Bowl
The weather keeps playing its own version of tag recently. One day it’s warm, the next it is cold (like winter should be). Though the back and forth benefits our mood, makes us more willing to go outside, etc. it makes it hard to decide what to eat. When it’s cold, all we want is a nice bowl of soup. When it’s warm, all we want is iced everything.
So how do we get ahead when the weather is a bit off? We make a recipe that is both hot and cold. Yep, you read that correctly! to defeat the undecided weather, we are making our meals undecided,too.
Today we welcome the craziness of this winter with a Heart Harvest Grain Bowl. Made up of nutritious ingredients like Kale, Brocolli, Sweet Potato, Lentil, and Quinoa, it’s a winner.
Harvest Grain Bowl
- First, set your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, prepare all your ingredients -- wash your vegetables, cut where needed, and measure them out.
- Add 1 up Quinoa to a sauce pan with 2 cups of water. Allow the quinoa to come to a boil. The result should be fluffy grains. Once done, place in your fridge to cool.
- Lay your cubed sweet potatoes out on aluminum foil. Rub them with olive oil, and sprinkle with black pepper an salt. Cook them in the oven for 30 minutes--until golden and soft.
- In a pan on the stove, add 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil, heat.
- Saute your vegetables in the water mix until soft.
- Set aside.
- Remove the quinoa from the refrigerator, add to a bowl.
- Layer your other warm ingredients on top.
- Add a sauce if you'd like or enjoy plain!
Health & Happiness,
Like it? Pin it!