Pie For Breakfast? We Say Yes. Try This Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal Tomorrow.
Maple Pecan seems to be almost as ubiquitous as apple cider, pumpkin and cinnamon this season. Yet, all that candied, syrupy goodness comes at a cost to your health. So, how can you possibly indulge without worrying about the side effects, you wonder? Enter today’s post: Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal.
You read that correctly. Today we’re making a Baked Oatmeal that is both seasonally on point and appetizing. This way when you pass by Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, or literally any coffee shop tempted to grab that sugar-packed latte, you can lay out a hard no.
After all, you’ll be filled from this delicious, nutritious and subtly sweet breakfast treat. It’s packed with pecans, organic maple syrup, ghee (instead of butter), and almond milk. Making this a vegetarian-friendly option for a morning when you wake up ahead of schedule and want to eat something better for your health!
- Mix together oats, seeds, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mix together the ghee, milk, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Combine the two then pour into an Oval Baking Dish
- Add Pecans to the top of the dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes in an oven preheated to 375 degrees.
Health & Happiness,
Like it? Pin it!