How-To Cook The Perfect Over Easy Egg, Every Time
Eggs are a go-to for most in the morning, but many of us still fail when cooking them. Here’s how to change that.
Intimidated by cracking and cooking eggs? Don’t worry, we understand. The image of going into the refrigerator, grabbing the carton, prepping with much anticipation, then cracking the egg only to watch it explode in your hands is never ideal. What’s more, when cracking works out, but the cooking part fails. Hello, dried out yoke. Greetings, burnt whites. It’s never fun.
However, you’re in luck. Today, we’ll go over the no-fail way to cook the perfect over easy egg, every time. Sure, the cracking part is still up to your own fate, but, the cooking part is made easier.
Here’s the step by step process for egg-cellent eggs.
1) Crack the egg into a separate bowl
2) Hit 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter in a pan over medium heat
- Note: you don’t want the flame too high or the egg will be compromised
3) Slide the cracked egg gently on to the sauce pan
4) Let simmer on one side for 30-60 seconds, until the egg white takes form
5) Carefully take a rubber spatula and flip the egg over
6) Let simmer on this side for about 30-60 seconds, until the yolk gets a film over it
7) Once it looks white all over, slightly brown on the ends, it’s go time!
8) Simply remove from heat, and place onto a plate. Eat it up with some bread to dunk in the gorgeous yolk!
Want to spice things up a bit?
Before you flip the egg over the first time, throw on this seasoning mix for an all-natural wake-me-up in the morning! A sprinkle of the following:
Health & Happiness,