Pizza is one of our favorite indulgences.
If you couldn’t tell from our green pizza and cauliflower crust recipes, it’s one dish that always has us coming back for seconds. This crust recipe is high in protein, making it the perfect crisp base for your newest pizza creation.
- 1¼ cup blanched almond flour (or ½ cup coconut flour)
- ¼ cup unflavored protein powder
- 4 TBS Psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 TBS grated parmesan
- 1 TBS Italian spices
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs (4 eggs for coconut flour)
- 1 cup boiling water
- butter or coconut oil (for brushing)
- Toppings of your choice
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- 2. Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- 3. Add boiling water and mix until dough thickens and start to stick to beaters.
- 4. Place ball on greased baking sheet. Spray some oil onto a piece of parchment paper and place on top of the dough to help spread without sticking. Use a rolling pin or your hands to spread the dough into a 16 inch round.
- 5. Place in oven and Bake for 25 minutes.
- 6. Remove crust from oven and brush with butter or coconut oil and return to oven.
- 7. Broil for 3-8 minutes or until crust is crisp (Watch closely during this step to make sure it doesn’t burn, just crisps up).
- 8. Add topping and broil for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and starts to brown.
How did yours turn out? Let us know in the comments!
Health & happiness,
Like it? Pin it!