What’s the best way to ensure your snacks are packed with nutrition and quality ingredients?
Make them at home!
One of our all-time favorite superfoods, chia seeds are naturally rich in beneficial omega-3’s, antioxidants and fiber. Combined with the nutritious power of flaxseeds and coconut oil, this recipe for Raw Chia Seed Snack Bars will be an energizing, wholesome snack any time of day!
Raw, vegan and free of gluten, dairy and soy, these little nutty bars are jam-packed with fiber, iron, protein, calcium, magnesium, omega-3s, vitamins A, B & C and, best of all, flavor! Try Julie’s super simple recipe out for yourself and let us know how yours turned out in the comments!
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups Organic Gluten-Free Oats
- ½ cup Piping Rock Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup Piping Organic Rock Flaxseeds, ground
- Wet Ingredients
- 1/3 cup Raw Honey, or Organic Liquid Sweetener (for vegans)
- ½ cup Organic Applesauce
- ¾ cup Organic Almond Butter, chunky
- ½ cup Piping Rock Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1. In a processor/bullet/blender, quickly mix all dry ingredients.
- 2. Add wet ingredients and mix until the batter is thick and gooey.
- 3. Pour the mixture in an 8x8 glass baking dish, pressing firmly and evenly. Place in the refrigerator until mixture is firm.
- 4. Remove from the fridge and cut into desired sized bars or squares. Serve and enjoy!
- It’s best to store these bars in the refrigerator, because they will get soft and messy if left out at room temperature.
How did yours turn out? Did you add any special ingredients?
Health & happiness,