Looking to switch up your vegetables for a side dish you can get excited about? Look no further!
We absolutely love kale and this dish, made with roasted vegetables, kale, farro and sweet miso and honey dressing is one of our favorite dishes to prepare. Farro is an ancient grain that has been used in cuisines for centuries. Topped off with pine nuts and sesame seeds, there’s no doubt that this recipe will get everyone excited about eating their vegetables!
- 1. Roast your vegetables. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, halve onion and thinly slice. Peel carrots (if very thick halve) toss carrots and sliced onion with 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and some pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are golden and almost tender.
- 2. Cook your farro. In a medium saucepan, combine farro, remaining half onion, 2 ½ cups of water, and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15-20 minutes until farro is tender. Drain if necessary and discard the onion half.
- 3. Prepare your kale. Remove stems from kale and discard. Tear leaves into bite sized pieces and toss with 1 table spoon oil, season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Cook your kale. Add kale to sheet with carrots and onions and continue to roast for 5 minutes until kale is slightly wilted and crispy in spots.
- 5. Prepare your dressing. Whisk miso, honey, remaining tablespoon of apple sider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of oil into a medium bowl into smooth. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dressing is thin enough to drizzle.
- 6. Toast your seeds and nuts. Place your pine nuts and sesame seeds on a separate rimmed baking sheet and place in oven for four minutes, until golden.
- 7. Combine your ingredients. Put your farro onto a serving platter and top with vegetables, drizzle the dressing on and top with pine nuts and sesame seeds.
How did yours turn out? Let us know in the comments.
Health & happiness,
Like it? Pin it!