The hunt for the perfect healthy snack continues!
We are all about hummus. Veggies, crackers, pretzels… is there anything that doesn’t go well with this sensational dip? We’ve been spreading it on sandwiches instead of using condiments, making our own at home (look for a recipe coming up!) and getting it in just about any recipe we can.
Recently, a member of the Piping Rock family brought these out-of-the-world Cucumber Hummus Bites into the office. Let’s just say they were gone in a New York Minute! Fresh and delicious, make your own customizable bites at home following these simple steps and see just how long they last!
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced into ½ inch thick pieces
- Hummus (we used garlic & spice hummus, but feel free to use whatever you like!)
- White sesame seeds
- 1. Prepare your cucumber and lay out the pieces on a large plate. Using a spoon, take a small scoop out of the top of each piece, creating a divot that the hummus can sit in.
- 2. Scoop the hummus into a pastry bag (or into a plastic sandwich bag—simply snip a corner and seal the hummus inside) and squeeze a dollop onto each bite.
- 3. Sprinkle sesame seeds and any other toppings you'd like over each bite, serve and enjoy!
- Want a little something extra? Add a slice of mushroom, half a grape tomato, a piece of a roasted red pepper, some basil or whatever your imagination desires to each bite! Experiment with different types of hummus as well to see what flavors really pack the most punch!
Health & happiness,