Sometimes spicing up a recipe is exactly what we need to make it new again.
And when it comes to serving vegetables every night, sometimes a clever spin on one of our favorites – spinach – is exactly what we need to get our taste buds tingling and everyone excited about this leafy green.
That’s where our spinach cups recipe comes in. These delicious bite-sized cups are easy to make and we love them as a side dish, appetizer, or midafternoon snack.
- 2 cups of fresh, chopped baby spinach
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- Garlic powder and red pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3. Combine chia seeds and water, set aside for several minutes.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine spinach, cheeses, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, egg and chia seed mixture.
- 5. Divide evenly into muffin tin, filling to the top and packed down into each cup.
- 6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set. Let stand in the pan for about five minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife if needed and turn out onto a large plate. Serve warm. Add additional parmesan on top if desired.