Super Easy Surf & Turf Recipe That Is Sure To Make Any Summer Day Better
Picture this: You have friends over and you’re trying to figure out what you should cook. Half of your friends want steak, and the other half want seafood. After much discussion, the vote is still split. What are you supposed to do—cook two meals? We say no way to that one. Do the time-tested thing and mix the two together! Oh, yes…We’re talking about surf ‘n turf. That delicious combo of grilled steak and grilled shrimp tossed together in a marinade of seasoned perfection.
The best part? You get to appease all parties involved. If there are pescatarians at your gathering, then they can just eat the shrimp; if there are carnivores, well, they’ll eat it all. No sweat lost. No craziness ensued.
This classic recipe can be made within 15 minutes, cooked in another 15 and is the right balance of summery goodness. The light seasoning makes it perfect to serve with some summer squash and a homemade lemonade!
Are you ready for this? Let’s get to the recipe…
- Cajun Seasoning (see below)
- 4 8 oz. New York Strip Sirloin Steaks
- 1 lb Shrimp, Cleaned and Peeled
- Two Summer Squash, Yellow -- sliced to 1" thick
- 2 Zucchinis -- sliced to 1" thick
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Himalayan Pink Mineral Salt (To taste)
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns Whole Organic
- Fire your grill up
- Coat your shrimp lightly with olive oil and then place in a large zip-block bag.
- Add the seasoning to the bag and toss until the shrimp are fully immersed in the spices.
- Separately, in a bowl, rub your steaks with the Cajun seasoning.
- Once, they are completely covered, bring the shrimp and steak to your grill.
- Grill the shrimp until opaque and the steak to your liking (note: about 10 minutes for a well-done steak).
- While that’s sizzling, work on your summer squash.
- Coat the sliced squash lightly with olive oil, Himalayan Pink Mineral Salt and pepper.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bring over to add to the grill.
- Once all is done, serve to guests and enjoy!
- Cajun Seasoning
Health & Happiness,