Make These Super Easy Smoky Lentil Tacos Tonight!
Looking for a quick, nutritious meal to make tonight? We have you covered. This recipe for lentil tacos will make you and anyone around you break out in a happy foodie dance.
While traditional beef tacos, or carne asada, are go-to options at the restaurant, we figured cutting back on the meat for this recipe would be a fun twist! After all, lentils are a great plant-based alternative to beef, since they have a meaty texture and can absorb seasonings easily.
Here’s a little background on the recipe:
Simple To Make.
It’s only about 3 steps to make. See, we did say it was easy.
Lentils are a great source of protein. In fact, one cup (like this recipe calls for) will provide you with 18 grams of the needed nutrient.
Spicy, Authentic Flavoring.
They have a yummy kick, thanks to the chunky salsa and cayenne pepper.
Worried About Time?
If you’re short on time, you don’t have to worry. You can even make more than the recipe calls for and meal prep for the rest of the week.
- 1 Cup Lentils
- 1.5 Cups Chunky Salsa
- White Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Water
- First cook your lentils, add 1 cup lentils to 2 cups of water, let boil. They should get squishy after 20 minutes. That's the texture you want, not soggy.
- On a separate skillet, add 1 tsp Olive Oil and the chopped onion. Cook until opaque.
- Combine the cooked lentils on the skillet with the onions.
- Add in your salsa, and cayenne pepper.
- Place into soft or crunchy taco shells -- enjoy!
Health & Happiness,
Like it? Pin it