We love sweet potatoes – especially during Thanksgiving!
Whether you enjoy them baked, mashed, or in some other form – they’re truly a delightful and colorful addition that we welcome to our family table any time.
So if you find yourself with a spare sweet potato in your kitchen the weekend after Thanksgiving and want to put it to good use, or are even looking for a fun new addition to your Thanksgiving dinner table tomorrow, these Sweet Potato Protein Muffins are a great way to make use of this root vegetable for breakfast or a fun and healthy snack!
- 1 cup almonds (or almond flour)
- 10 dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 cup baked sweet potato, skin removed
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1. Preheat oven at 425 F.
- 2. Use a fork to poke holes all over the sweet potato and bake in oven for 40 minutes.
- 3. Remove potato from oven, cool and remove skin.
- 4. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- 5. Pulse almonds in food processor until finely ground.
- 6. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- 7. Generously grease at 12-muffin tin with coconut oil. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins.
- 8. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
How did yours turn out? Let us know in the comments!
Health, Happiness, & a Wonderful Thanksgiving,
Like it? Pin it!