This Homemade Creamy Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleanser Is A Must-Make
Tea Tree Oil is uplifting, the perfect aroma to use in skincare.
Skincare routines vary for all of us. Whether you’re someone who enjoys using micellar water in place of a cleanser or someone who enjoys store bought toner over a homemade one, the uniqueness is what makes self-care so special.
Yet, when it comes to keeping up with purchases for your skincare desires, it can be costly. That’s why we think it’s time to start making your own great smelling cleanser bar. After all, don’t you like saving money?
Let us show you the many reasons why you should try this DIY skincare project out.
Here are the top one’s for you to make the choice easier:
- It’s environmentally sound: Yep. Making your own bar soap means that you can say goodbye to plastic packaging, or cardboard boxes. You get the ability to order a soap base in bulk, stock up on a few essential oils, and then you’re set for months. Mother Earth approves of this.
- It’s financially sound: Nothing scares us more than some high-end cleansers that have only one or two ingredients and cost upwards of $100. If you feel the same, this DIY project will have your wallet singing.
- It’s humane: Costs aside, other skincare items provide literal transparency. They can contain ingredients that aren’t easily pronounced. It’s better to stay simple, and in-the-know, which is exactly what this bar soap provides.
Now, let’s talk aroma. The reason we opted for Tea Tree Oil is simple: it’s an invigorating scent that is a staple of the skincare world. Tea Tree Oil has been around for centuries and has been used in myriad ways by different civilizations. That said, it has some staying power.
This oil is also natural. It’s sourced from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant that is native to Australia. The leaves are steam-distilled to produce a strong, fragrant oil that is both woody and fresh. The oil is used in aromatherapy for its soothing, relaxing, and invigorating properties.
So, it seemed obvious that we choose to use this as the essential oil for a homemade facial soap!
With the background laid out, let’s hop to the grand finale: the how-to!
CREAMY TEA TREE OIL FACIAL CLEANSER
A brightening cleanser for your morning face wash routine.
What you’ll need:
How to make:
- Simply melt the soap base in the microwave, use a microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add 10 drops Tea Tree Essential oil and lavender flowers, mix.
- Pour into mold
- Use daily!