With Thanksgiving 2019 approaching, the holiday stress is beginning to kick in! For all of those striving to keep their summer bodies intact, this is a difficult time.
You may be worried about reversing all of the hard work you’ve put in over the last few months, crushing your goals. However, now’s not the time to falter! Here are a few tips to help you stay strong:
- Indulge at Thanksgiving Dinner: This goes against what most people will tell you. We believe that you shouldn’t have to make so many sacrifices to eat nutritiously on Thursday. Enjoy that stuffing and all of your other favorite Thanksgiving Recipes!
- Properly Hydrate: Proper Hydration is important. Indulging is fine, as long as you’re drinking water for support.
- Rest and Relax: Skip that morning gym workout! Spend the morning with family. Take some time to be grateful and put your mind at ease.
- Carefully Digest: Everyone craves delicious foods but no one wants to get sick. Slowly experience your meal and rest between courses.
The Thanksgiving Turkey has been finished along with all of the other delectable Thanksgiving Food. You feel refreshed and energized on Friday, ready to detox. It should only take 3 days to pick up right where you left off. Here’s how it’s done:
Your 3 Day Detox will vary depending on your work schedule. If you have off Friday, sleep in and rejuvenate. Your body will need every extra bit of rest it can get this time of year.
You should wake up mid-morning with lots of energy. All of those complex carbs are ready to be put to good use!
A cup of Coffee with an Egg Omelet and Fresh Fruit is a great start. Not a fan of Coffee or Caffeinated Tea? Try Thermogenics & CLA to kick you into high gear!
Your body may still be craving leftovers that are hard to resist. Don’t let them go to waste!
Have some leftover Turkey for lunch with Holiday Roasted Vegetables and a refreshing Garden Salad. The key is to avoid carbohydrate consumption over the 3 day period.
You’re starting to get back on track, time to take things up a notch. Day 2 is for cleansing.
There is no better way to cleanse than with Superfood Smoothies. Below is our favorite Green Detox Smoothie Recipe to support your holiday detox.
- 2 Cups of Baby Spinach
- 2 Cups of Baby Kale
- 1 Medium Green Apple, Chopped
- 1 Cup of Frozen Sliced Banana
- 1 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Organic Ginger Root Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Combine ingredients in a blender with ice and blend till smooth.
- Serve immediately while chilled and superfoods fresh.
Don’t have time to gather all of these ingredients? There’s a solution for everything! A potent Green Superfood Supplements is a great way to get nutrients.
Piping Rock’s vitalizing Daily Greens Supplement includes over 20 Raw Superfoods and Prebiotics… All in a Great Tasting Powder with natural flavor!
The third Day of your After Thanksgiving Detox is about getting back on track to your normal routine.
Now, you should start incorporating your weekly foods back into your diet. Make sure to eliminate any sugary desserts or carbs that you might be sneaking.
Continue juicing Superfoods or making smoothies if you have the time. Also, make sure your only other beverage is water. It’s important to keep it simple when getting back on track.
Thanksgiving is an amazing time to reconnect with family, friends and loved ones and to share great memories and foods.
Use this day to deeply unwind and reflect on all of your successes this year. Celebrate with all of the delicacies and traditional rituals that have always made the holiday special to you!
Knowing that there is a simple way to detox after the holiday will give you further peace of mind. Stay tuned for more valuable holiday tips and recipes from the Pipe Line!