Is there anything better for taking the chill from your bones than a nice steaming cup of minestrone?
Hearty and delicious, this nutrient-rich soup is sure to fill you up without weighing you down. Best of all, it’s vegan-friendly, easy to make and is even delicious as leftovers! So go ahead, cook up a huge pot, wrap yourself in your favorite blanket and enjoy the magic of this minestrone as Old Man Winter does his thing outside.
- ¼ cup Piping Rock Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 5 cups water
- ¼ cup Piping Rock Liquid Aminos
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- ¼ celery, chopped
- 28 ounce can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup pre-cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 cup pre-cooked orzo rice
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash Himalayan pink mineral salt
- 1 cup parsley
- 1. In a large pan, brown your chopped onion in coconut oil on medium-high until clear. Add garlic, carrots, red bell pepper and celery to the pan and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- 2. In a large pot on medium-high heat, combine water, liquid aminos, chopped tomatoes, beans, zucchini, orzo, spices and herbs (except for the parsley). Add the rest of the ingredients from the pan.
- 3. Cook until the soup is nice and hot, then top with parsley, serve and enjoy!
Health & happiness,