We Planned It. You Throw It. A Step by Step Guide To Memorial Day
Memorial Day marks the beginning of the summer, which is always exciting. For many of us, it is a time to invite friends/family over, clean the barbecue, marinate our favorite meats and decide on which side salads to put out. In other words, it’s the first summer party we get to throw, and we all want it to be a killer one. We know this all too well. With that said, we’re here to help take the guesswork out of planning your party with simple DIY recipes that will sure to impress your guests! So relax, grab some tea, and read on. Your Piping Rock party planners are here…
First things first, food. The most important aspect of your party is what you’ll be serving, you know, outside of your alcohol selection. With it being barbecue season, it’s only natural to make the most of your retired grill and cook some delicious, mouthwatering meat with a side of seasoned potatoes, right?!
The Main Meal: Grilled Steak Sandwiches
- Angus Steak, Choice of Weight
- Loaf of Ciabetta Bread
- Garlic and Herb Cheese
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced
- Set up your grill
- 20 minutes before grilling, let the steak hang out in room temperature
- Brush the steaks with extra virgin olive oil,Himalayan Pink Mineral Salt, and Black Peppercorns Whole Organic
- Grill 5 minutes until slightly charred and flip over for another 8-10 minutes to cook to medium-well.
- Slice Up the steak and set aside, covered to keep warm.
- In a preheat oven set to 350 degrees, place cut bread inside to toast (approximately 5 minutes)
- Remove from the oven, and spread the cheese then layer with steak, followed by mozzarella slices (to preference), tomatoes and basil.
- Return to the oven, letting it melt (about 5-10 minutes)
The Side Dish: Red, White, and Blue Potato Skewers
- Potato Medley – Trader Joe’s
- Salt, Pepper, Basil
- Slice the potatoes
- Push through to skewer
- Season with EVOO and salt, pepper, basil
- Heat your grill to 400 degrees
- Place potatoes on tin foil in the grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes!
The Grand Finale: Festive Rice Krispy Treats
- Box of Rice Krispies
- Stove Pot
- White Chocolate
- Food Coloring (Red and Blue, obvi)
- On a stove, over medium heat, melt your marshmallows with your rice krispies.
- Once melted, spread into a glass pan evenly.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into stars with a cookie cutter
- Using a double boiler, melt your chocolate.
- Separate melted chocolate into three bowls: plain white, red, and blue coloring
- Dip your star-shaped treats into the chocolate
- Decorate with sugar crystal sprinkles
- Let cool and place on a platter to serve!
The Atmosphere For The Party
What’s more important than making sure your party not only has good food but good feels? We put the two on a pedestal. That being said, we have a couple of ways to boost the atmosphere of your party and we promise that you’ll like them:
This DIY candle project is super easy to make and the output is awesome: a yummy scent that will boost the spirirts of your guests. You can either light and place on tables outside or leave in the bathroom. Your choice! (Link through to another post)
DIY Summertime Bug Spray:
If you’re fearful that the onset of bug season will cramp your party’s style…we got your back. This quick, essential oil-based recipe will help ward off the pesky visitors leading to a relaxed party free of bites! (Link through to older post)
We hope this guide will help you throw the best Memorial Day Party!
Liked this post? Have ideas of your own? We want to hear them below! Also sign up to receive emails on our latest deals and blog posts:
Health & Happiness,
Like it? Pin it!